Last updated: 4/2018
Welcome to the Equity One Franchisors, LLC (“Equity One”, or “us”, “we” or the correlative term “our”) website (referred to herein as the “Website”) which you have accessed via one of the following URLs: www.ggiausa.com, www.globalgreeninsuranceonline.com, www.globalgreeninsuranceagency.com, www.globalgreeninsuranceagent.com, www.equityonefranchisors.com, or www.eq1f.com.
Through this Website, Equity One
- Provides you with general information regarding Equity One and the GlobalGreen Agencies.
- Enables you to locate the GlobalGreen Agency near a location you select.
- Enables us, based on your request for a Free Quote, to have a nearby Global Green Agency contact you regarding your insurance needs.
- If applicable, provides you with information on how to become a GlobalGreen Agency.
- On this Website.
- In Email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and/or desktop applications or solutions you download and/or access from this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Website.
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any third party website.
- Any GlobalGreen Agencies or other third party insurance agents operating under the GlobalGreen Insurance Agency name.
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to provide you with services that will meet your insurance needs, you will, in all likelihood, disclose certain “Personal Information” to the applicable GlobalGreen Agency with which you do business, but not to us. “Personal Information” means, generally, any nonpublic information related to an identified individual (e.g., you or your family), and is frequently referred to as “personally identifiable information”, “personal information”, “protected health information” and/or by similar names. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, your name, address, Social Security Number, driver’s license number, assets, financial accounts and information, credit card numbers and accounts, credit history, income and medical information, among others.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect the following information from and about users of this Website:
- Email address, state of residence and zip code in which you reside; and
- Information that is about you, but does not identify you, such as analytics and metrics; and/or about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through this Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE US ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. The only information we collect or intend to collect from you or about you is set forth in Section 3 below. We do not, and it is our intent not to, collect or receive from you any Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your name, address or any financial or medical information. To the extent the information you provide is not identifiable to you as an individual, it is not Personal Information. To the extent any of your Personal Information is provided to us either intentionally or inadvertently, and it becomes known to us, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep such information confidential and protected in compliance with applicable laws, and/or to destroy such information.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through this Website may include:
- For potential customers, information that you provide by filling in forms on this Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting a quote and/or locating one of our GlobalGreen Agencies. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with this Website.
- For potential franchisees of Equity One, information you provide when emailing us or requesting additional information with respect to a GlobalGreen franchise.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Website, if any.
- Your search queries on this Website.
Any materials or contributions you post and/or transmit to others are at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages or otherwise undertake certain security measures, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of this Website with whom you may choose to share your contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your contributions on the public areas of Website will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We do not undertake and have no obligation to take or implement any security measures with respect to any GlobalGreen Agency.
- Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with this Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to this Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on this Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and is not intended to be or include Personal Information. The information we do collect helps us to improve this Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize this Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to this Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of this Website may use local stored objects (such as Flash cookies and HTMLS) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on this Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Information We Collect from Our Affiliate and GlobalGreen Agencies. In order to respond to inquiries to us from customers of our Affiliate and/or GlobalGreen Agencies, we may access your Personal Information maintained by or on behalf of our Affiliate and/or GlobalGreen Agencies in order to promptly respond to such inquiries. We do not otherwise access your Personal Information.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present this Website and its contents to you.
- To provide your email address and insurance interests selected by you to our GlobalGreen Agencies that may be near you so that they may contact you regarding information, products or services that you may request from them.
- In connection with your use of the Agent Locator, provide you with the names of GlobalGreen Agencies close to the zip code you provide to us.
- To respond to inquiries you may submit to us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about you and the users of this Website, and information that does not identify and is not identifiable to you or any other individual, without restriction.
- Upon your request for a quote or agent referral, we will disclose the information you submit to us to a GlobalGreen Agency in your geographical area for the purpose of providing you additional information and quotes for the insurance products and services provided by a GlobalGreen Agency.
- As described in Section 1, you may be required to provide a GlobalGreen Agency with Personal Information. We do not have access to or control over any Personal Information you provide to a GlobalGreen Agency. The Personal Information you provide to any such GlobalGreen Agency will be handled, stored and treated in the manner set forth in the applicable GlobalGreen Agency’s website, if any, or as otherwise may be specified by such GlobalGreen Agency. You acknowledge and agree that Equity One is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to any person arising from the use of any Personal Information you may provide to any such GlobalGreen Agency, or otherwise in connection with any obligations of any such GlobalGreen Agency, whether in connection with its Agency Website or otherwise. You hereby waive any and all claims, and release Equity One from any liability, for any losses or damages that may be caused by or related to your use of an Agency Website, your business transactions with any GlobalGreen Agency, and any unauthorized disclosure of any of your Personal Information by any GlobalGreen Agency.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which information held by Equity One about users of this Website is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Equity One, our customers or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Data Security
We have implemented standard measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our or our third party contractor’s secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information and any Personal Information we may inadvertently receive from you, we cannot guarantee the security of such information transmitted to this Website. Any transmission of information by you is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Website.
- Contact Information